PDA

View Full Version : running rough

paul-11turbo
26-09-2008, 09:01
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

hi,
Every now and again when i come to start my car from cold it runs really rough and spluttery like its only running on 3 cylinders or the timing is way out.

Once it has warmed up its fine.

im just confused as to what is causing it to do this because most of the time its ok, its just now and again it does it.

i have checked to usual like plugs,leads,dizzy cap and rotor arm.

What else shall i check?

Shane P
26-09-2008, 09:09

You do start it with the choke dont you?:)

paul-11turbo
26-09-2008, 10:05

yep, it makes no difference with or without choke.

Shane P
26-09-2008, 10:15

Assuming the spark plugs, leads, dizzy cap and rotor arm are clean and in good nick, it may just be dampness. Try give it all a coat of WD40 :)

Philclubman
26-09-2008, 20:16
First post!

Ive had the same problem, every now and then for the first mile or so of driving the engine feels and sounds like its missing, then it clears up and drives fine,almost like a fouled sparkplug, my wideband always shows a normal mixtue though.

ollyhock
26-09-2008, 20:22
the inlet manifold gasket may be passing and when youve drove that mile or so its warmed up and sealed the gap.

paul-11turbo
27-09-2008, 09:53
the inlet manifold gasket may be passing and when youve drove that mile or so its warmed up and sealed the gap.

When i bought the car there was only 5 bolts on the manifold and it was blowing like mad but it ran fine.

Its strange because it dont do it all the time, only now and again but it has started doing it a bit more than usual lately.