PDA

View Full Version : parts list for turboing f7p

mr white
25-09-2009, 13:39
parts list for turboing f7p please?
im going to put a f7p into my 5, ive got a few engine parts from the gt engine to get rid of so if you see anything on my profile or you have anything that i might need. also will a full t25 off my car be any good using for this coversion as its nearly new.

James5
25-09-2009, 13:59
parts list for turboing f7p please?
im going to put a f7p into my 5, ive got a few engine parts from the gt engine to get rid of so if you see anything on my profile or you have anything that i might need. also will a full t25 off my car be any good using for this coversion as its nearly new.

You could use the T25 on the F7p matey all depends what power you are after, you look at the rover tomcat's, saabs, etc.. they all use a T25 of some kind matey as standard. So keep it an use it as it will save you some cash.
You will need

Compression will need to be changed unless you only want to run a low boost system,
Better injectors,
Sparkies,
Better fuel pump i.e. 044 type,
Exhaust manifold,
down pipe,
Intercooler,
Not sure if you need external oil cooling on these?
Re-map,
Sensors for boost,

Dale aka Bigfoot might be one to advise on parts as he has done the conversion not sure if it is actually working properly as yet though:laugh:

Bigfoot
25-09-2009, 14:35
You could use the T25 on the F7p matey all depends what power you are after, you look at the rover tomcat's, saabs, etc.. they all use a T25 of some kind matey as standard. So keep it an use it as it will save you some cash.
You will need

Compression will need to be changed unless you only want to run a low boost system,
Better injectors,
Sparkies,
Better fuel pump i.e. 044 type,
Exhaust manifold,
down pipe,
Intercooler,
Not sure if you need external oil cooling on these?
Re-map,
Sensors for boost,

Dale aka Bigfoot might be one to advise on parts as he has done the conversion not sure if it is actually working properly as yet though:laugh:

:ashamed: always working, just an ongoing project which sees daylight every so often, putting an oil cooler in this time just to make sure its not heating the oil too much. The 19 has an oil cooler in place well a pipe work which runs in front of the rad, cant say it would cool that much but they must have put it there for a reason.

Wouldn't worry about spending a fortune on fuel pumps. 044 is a bit overkill, im running a merc fuel pump which is ample. Can get injectors and sensor from the 21 turbo if just going low boost. Think manifold can be picked up for £200 off ebay if your lucky they still have them. Mapping depends if you want to go standalone or use the r-tuner, would advise going adapatronic as a few people will have maps on this, well I have a map to get your car running. Would need to put a oil feed from the block to the turbo, plus an oil return. Plus would need to setup a water system to cool the turbo.

Need the GTX front engine mount. Need to protect the starter motor from heat, gets a bit warm by the turbo :laugh: :(

Only trouble I have is the space to getting it all in, especially the fun and pipe work running in front of the engine and behind the rad, moved it to a blow fan so can be in front and cleared up a lot of space behind there.

Harri
25-09-2009, 17:14
a bit oftopic, but do fastchip still sell r-tuner? All I'm seeing is the new RS-tuner which is ment for a bit more advanced ecus than the F7P ones. Reason why I'm asking is that I'm currently building a F7P for everyday use and don't want to invest on standalone systems.

mr white
25-09-2009, 17:59
:ashamed: always working, just an ongoing project which sees daylight every so often, putting an oil cooler in this time just to make sure its not heating the oil too much. The 19 has an oil cooler in place well a pipe work which runs in front of the rad, cant say it would cool that much but they must have put it there for a reason.

Wouldn't worry about spending a fortune on fuel pumps. 044 is a bit overkill, im running a merc fuel pump which is ample. Can get injectors and sensor from the 21 turbo if just going low boost. Think manifold can be picked up for £200 off ebay if your lucky they still have them. Mapping depends if you want to go standalone or use the r-tuner, would advise going adapatronic as a few people will have maps on this, well I have a map to get your car running. Would need to put a oil feed from the block to the turbo, plus an oil return. Plus would need to setup a water system to cool the turbo.

Need the GTX front engine mount. Need to protect the starter motor from heat, gets a bit warm by the turbo :laugh: :(

Only trouble I have is the space to getting it all in, especially the fun and pipe work running in front of the engine and behind the rad, moved it to a blow fan so can be in front and cleared up a lot of space behind there.

right so ive got the t25 turbo ive got a seperate mocal oil cooler ive ordered a new front engine mount from renault thismorning £19

how much for the adaptatronic
where for injectors
ive got a bms downpipe for sale then as thats not going to be needed can i use my ktec sidey
and map sensor how many bar clio has one as standard is that no good and where can i get a downpipe

Bigfoot
25-09-2009, 18:26
Clio will just be 1bar, You need to find at least a 2 bar map sensor, which is found on the turbo 21, or 3 bar which not sure where, maybe scoff, best person to get the adaptronic is scoff as well, great help on there as thats what he is running. Injectors can use the renault 21 turbo ones as well which will run fine for low boost. Im running what they class as cossie dark greens. And not maxing out them running 15psi. Downpipe you need to get one made up, as there is not that much space to actually get from the turbo and down and back round. and im guessing the clio ones will not be easy to fit then match up at the other end.

mr white
25-09-2009, 18:42
Clio will just be 1bar, You need to find at least a 2 bar map sensor, which is found on the turbo 21, or 3 bar which not sure where, maybe scoff, best person to get the adaptronic is scoff as well, great help on there as thats what he is running. Injectors can use the renault 21 turbo ones as well which will run fine for low boost. Im running what they class as cossie dark greens. And not maxing out them running 15psi. Downpipe you need to get one made up, as there is not that much space to actually get from the turbo and down and back round. and im guessing the clio ones will not be easy to fit then match up at the other end.

so list i need
3 bar map sensor (cossie)
renault 21 in jectors up to what power/boost can i use these?
adaptronic how much? does this self learn?
manifold £200 ebay
ive got a f7p block that needs rebuilding and rebuilt head i can get the piston tops skimed by 1mm who can nock me up an oil feed and downpipe.

Bigfoot
25-09-2009, 18:46
Think the injectors are good for around 10psi maybe more, depends on whats controlling the fueling really. Adaptronic is around the 550 mark I believe, as for downpipe speak to big jim racing and see what he can do. as for 10psi you should be seeing just over the 200bhp mark maybe more, might want to find a t28 turbo though