PDA

View Full Version : Campus tailgate question

Streetfighter
25-09-2009, 09:39
Is the only difference between the Campus hatch and the GTT hatch the studs at the top for the spoiler?

Can this be "fixed" to work in some way?

Cheers.

Trevhib
25-09-2009, 09:50
Assuming you have a campus hatch and want to fit a GTT spoiler:

Just get double sided self adhesive strips to affix the spoiler (cut to shape and fix to spoiler then push and hold onto a clean, dust free tailgate). You need the 2mm thick white stuff, not thin double sided sticky tape obviously.

If you do this properly you'll have no issues. I did this with my old non-spoilered Ph1. It stuck and looked perfect. 3 years later (when I sold up), it was exactly the same as the day I fitted it.

Streetfighter
25-09-2009, 09:54
Cheers Trev, I am looking at buying a camparse to break and would be using the tailgate :)

Os8472
25-09-2009, 19:06
The campus didn't have a rear wiper either, although it was an optional extra so some do, if it doesn't its perfect if you wanna bin it off and go for the smooth look. when my tailgate got fooked by a mondeo I got a brand new campus job from Renault

Streetfighter
25-09-2009, 20:46
The campus didn't have a rear wiper either, although it was an optional extra so some do, if it doesn't its perfect if you wanna bin it off and go for the smooth look. when my tailgate got fooked by a mondeo I got a brand new campus job from Renault

The one I have my eye on has a rear wiper ;) Thanks for the info though!