PDA

View Full Version : gear problem

mightymanx
25-09-2009, 00:01
hi have a bit of a gear problem my gtt has done 145 tho miles so pretty high miles but my problem is from cold its fine but.
after ive done say 10-15 mile its really hard to get the gtt in 3rd or 4th gear say 3rd to forth is hard.
like really really hard to get in gear like you have to shove it in gear.
1st 2nd 5th and reverse are ok.
the clutch doesnt slip.
and the gear box oil looks in good order.
also some time say am in forth i go to change to 5th or from 5th to 4 and loose all gears for a few seconds.
any help grate fully received thanx?

JRP
25-09-2009, 00:03
hi have a bit of a gear problem my gtt has done 145 tho miles so pretty high miles but my problem is from cold its fine but.
after ive done say 10-15 mile its really hard to get the gtt in 3rd or 4th gear say 3rd to forth is hard.
the clutch doesnt slip.
also some time say am in forth i go to change to 5th or from 5th to 4 and loose all gears for a few seconds.

when did you last change the gear oil?

mightymanx
25-09-2009, 00:07
when did you last change the gear oil?

well i was gona change it last week but the gear box oil sump plug is rounded off and i cant get it out so ive never changed it while ive had it.
but i did take the filler plug out and it looked alright so i did think it was that but the plug is rounded off and seized :cry:

mightymanx
25-09-2009, 00:15
so i think ill have to ask a garage nicely to undo my gear box sump plug for me and try changeing the oil

Jimmy_GTT
25-09-2009, 07:25
the clutch doesnt slip.

Do you have to push the clutch to metal to be able to change the gears?
Maybe your clutch cable is too long. (worn)
Or maybe the clutch plate have to be changed.

Thundercat
25-09-2009, 09:56
Had sort of the same problem on my dimma kept getting stuck in fifth when on a run, eventually found that plastic bush at gearbox selector excessively worn. Fitted a second hand item of another 5 gearbox and fault went away. Gear selection in all gears felt a lot more positive too.

mightymanx
25-09-2009, 12:02
Do you have to push the clutch to metal to be able to change the gears?
Maybe your clutch cable is too long. (worn)
Or maybe the clutch plate have to be changed.

no i dont have to push the pedal flat to the floor
had faulty cables before so no its not that

mightymanx
25-09-2009, 12:02
Had sort of the same problem on my dimma kept getting stuck in fifth when on a run, eventually found that plastic bush at gearbox selector excessively worn. Fitted a second hand item of another 5 gearbox and fault went away. Gear selection in all gears felt a lot more positive too.

maybe i have this problem were about is the plastic bush?