PDA

View Full Version : Rad fan switch temp??

Nick k
23-09-2009, 09:33
Hi,

What is the temperature (on and off) for a radiator fan switch on a R5 GTT phase 2.

Cheers
Nick.

Nick k
23-09-2009, 09:50
Hi,

What is the temperature (on and off) for a radiator fan switch on a R5 GTT phase 2.

Cheers
Nick.

92 c / 82 c i've just read. Sound right??

Brigsy
23-09-2009, 11:34
I was just about to post the same thread, how random!

Ive just bought a std switch to replace the ultra low temp one on my new gtt from my local factors & the cut in temp is 92-82.

My fan cuts in just over the 2/3 mark, taking it down to just over half way on o.e gauge. Not sure if this is a little high or not to be fair, seems to cool ok & fan not on every 2 secs like before.

Was talking to Kris M about this lastnight & we agreed most gtt's cut in just under 2/3 mark? Its possible my gauge isnt all that accurate though.

Nick k
23-09-2009, 17:08
Right after testing my fan switch it was coming on at 79oC and going off at 74oC !!! So thats now in the bin :D

Replaced it with a 92/82 switch which is much better.

The temp gauge goes a fraction over the second mark and the the fan kicks in cooling it to below the second mark. Happy with that :)

My fan was on so much it was pulling my battery down to the stage where it stuggled to start after leaving a hour or so after the perc has been running.

Brigsy
23-09-2009, 18:01
Sounds the same as mine nick, Should be fine.

I had the same low temp switch as you, the rad fan was doing crazy things like coming on 4 times in 20 mins after the engine had been stopped, could easily flatten a duff battery.