PDA

View Full Version : rr results and spec

Ross99
25-09-2008, 19:18
has anyone got there rr figures with the cars spec at the time of running?

just interested to see what's what with other set ups etc

i'm currently running low psi until i re jet my carb and get a lc-1

my intention is to get around the 160-180 mark with a t2-25, alloy intercooler, exhaust etc nothing special, i have the chance of getting a t28 but as i'm going to be using the car to participate in light hearted track events, i wasn't sure if it was worth changing, and getting anymore mods to gain what i need, whats everyones opinions?

Adam L
25-09-2008, 19:28
It's well known that rolling road figures aren't the best to use for actual power outputs

Mudslinger
25-09-2008, 19:32
It's well known that rolling road figures aren't the best to use for actual power outputs

how else will u get a power output apart from an engine dyno ?

Ross99
25-09-2008, 19:33
no but its the closest things we have to gauge with on a slightly more acurate way than oh 20bhp from this 30 from that if we went by seller figures mine will have 300 bhp in no time and in reality have 160, i'm also aware age mileage etc etc take there toll.

just after gauging a rough guide

Brigsy
25-09-2008, 19:39
Could work out power by trap speeds at the dragstrip...

Scoff
25-09-2008, 19:43
wrong and wrong, mud and ross. mud, theres lots better dyno's than a rolling road. they are entry level, the worst kind of dyno, the cheapest and most notoriously innacurate. ross, as above, there are better dynos. spend the money and use a reputable hub dyno if you want something you can trust, that will be repeatable and likely to be somewhere near the truth. If your only interested in knowing a rough peak power figure then weigh your car and go drag racing, the trap speed will be more accurate than most rolling roads, and more importantly, repeatable, so if you want a bench mark to trial modifications against then the drag strip is the place to go. Forget the ET, no one cares about those, except those wierd drag racing fanatics :)

Ross99
25-09-2008, 19:56
ET?

Mudslinger
25-09-2008, 20:08
mud, theres lots better dyno's than a rolling road...

:confused: i never said there wasnt , i was referring to what adam was saying.
not all rolling roads give out dodgy power outputs .

i know u guys think running the car down the strip is the most acurate form of getting a power output each to there own i would say theres to many factors come into play ,as u say the the hub dyno is a good place as any to start ,or a rollin road place u no is shy with the bollocks , id much rather have my car on the rollers seeing what power it has then taking to the strip and using that as a guide to see how much bull**** the roling road place has given you .

twallwood
25-09-2008, 20:41
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

ET?

Elapsed Time.

Ross99
25-09-2008, 21:01
i'm not saying there are flaws with anyones ideas of gaining there hp, i'm only clued up on rr results but there flawed for sure, big air fans and rollers that arn't checked so maybe out of sync etc.

just seems like an easy way to check for rough figures and have the advantage of fuelling checks at the same time

dave j gtt
26-09-2008, 00:14
i reckon my gtt, 15 psi manifold boost pressure, with standard cam ,oe turbo, tiger side exit .slightley higher compression ratio.

must be around 155- 160 bhp. reason being it goes better than mates interga type r and beats uk spec scoobys all day also beats clio sport cups :) or is it just that i can drive and some other idiots cant:confused:

Nayls
26-09-2008, 10:41
im going on the rollers next week :)

just for a rough figure & because i've never put a car on the rollers before.

TommyB
26-09-2008, 12:04
On the team i help out with we chase every 100th in et.Going from 6.16 to a 6.15 would make us all go crazy and want more.

Mph combined with your weight equals you power.

Your et eqauls how efficient you are with your power.

Im running a standard t2,head,pistons,exhaust back box and cam.

alloy intercooler,rejetted carb,samcos,17psi.

i made 171hp on the rollers backed up with a 1/4 mile speed of 104

Trevhib
26-09-2008, 12:27
i reckon my gtt, 15 psi manifold boost pressure, with standard cam ,oe turbo, tiger side exit .slightley higher compression ratio.

must be around 155- 160 bhp. reason being it goes better than mates interga type r and beats uk spec scoobys all day also beats clio sport cups :) or is it just that i can drive and some other idiots cant:confused:

:sad2:

Don't bother assuming power figures based on experiences on the road against other cars Dave. It's about as useful for determining bhp and lbft as the Europarts old Dyno. Lol.

Adam L
26-09-2008, 15:03
:sad2:

Don't bother assuming power figures based on experiences on the road against other cars Dave. It's about as useful for determining bhp and lbft as the Europarts old Dyno. Lol.

I remember one of the last rolling road days they did. Didn't half the cars max the rolling road out, at 275bhp or something stupid:laugh: