PDA

View Full Version : lost my virginity today

Harrison01
17-09-2009, 16:40
Actually got to drive my 5 today for the 1st time since i bought it 6 years ago. only made it a mile down the road before the fuel pump packed up but it sure was a blast.

Fuel pump actually seized up, so i took it apart, freed it up then rigged up all the piping so that the fuel was sucked through the fuel filter then through the pump rather than the other way round. only problem now, is that the pump isnt pumping. the fuel pump is defo the right way round.

Trevhib
17-09-2009, 16:50
Why have you swapped it round? Can't remember which way round they are from the factory but if you've altered it from OE I'd say that's most unwise...

Harrison01
17-09-2009, 16:57
i dont understand why renault would pump from the tank through the pump then through the filter because any crap in the tank would possibly jam the pump and therefore stop working.

atleast the other way it has to go through the filter before the pump

JRP
17-09-2009, 17:00
if the filter got blocked then the pump would run dry and die, also the car wouldnt run... and could cause some probs...

the way it is stops **** thats made it past the pump getting in to engine blocking jets etc blah blah blah