PDA

View Full Version : insurance quarms

djinuk
16-09-2009, 09:19
just a question really.

My gf has 0 no claims, she had been driving 7/8 months when a girl went into teh back of her and wrote off the car (2/3 months ago), she was able to drive the car up until she accept the insurance offer, now she cannot as its deemed a write off. In 1 month time she will have 1 year no claims from this insurance (swinton). She wishes to buy a new car this week and insure it so she may drive it to work, however she will have to insure it with another company and will have to declare 0 years no claims, or she could see if swinton will transfer the insurance of her original wrote off car onto the new car (large engine size) however i have a feeling they will take the piss on the extra insurance group and also add their own admin charges etc.

Any ideas, i hope this all makes sence.

gttjames
16-09-2009, 09:23
I was in similar situation 2months ago, needed another car, was 3months away from 3 years ncb, but needed a car then. I just took the 2 years ncb, think in the end it was only about £100 difference from having 2 as opposed to 3 years ncb.

But shes a women, they get well cheap insurence anyway i thought?

Sy5GTT
16-09-2009, 09:27
When I got the Scooby I was 6 months into my 7th year of no claims. HIC didn't have a problem changing the car for a few £'s. Not sure if they'll do it whilst claiming but I think they should do. Best to ring them mate. Any Insurer's will charge for this.