PDA

View Full Version : No charge light on

clee
25-09-2008, 14:58
But it's all working fine it seems .No load it's 14.2 at the bat and with load it's 13.8 so it's charging . Also got a double lighter socket with charge lights and they are showing green for good .
Diodes on back of the board for warning lights ,earth to illuminate .Warning light also comes on with ignition so that's OK as well .
Any ideas ??

paul b
25-09-2008, 15:05
check the engine earths....also if the battery terminals are not tight or clean it can cause problems.....

give em a wiggle, if in doubt , get em out

clee
25-09-2008, 15:17
All good and tight :confused:
Only thing I've done is put a new trigger sensor on ..........................

paul b
25-09-2008, 15:46
ignore it my friend.....it will probably start working as you drive back from Mallory....:agree:

clee
25-09-2008, 15:51
:) Yeh Right !!
Been down to Leicester and back in it today so I know it'll make it that far ,at least once .......

I'm packing some spares though . Alternator ,rotor arms etc .... another core for the turbo and some asbestos fingers .

paul b
25-09-2008, 15:54
LOL..............you'll be fine.........don't worry about this one.....

sit in a darkened room until 2 minutes before you leave....

oh, and bring some gaffa tape...:agree::coffee:

clee
25-09-2008, 17:21
Sussed it ......

Two wires come off the alt in addition to the main .One is 12v regulator and the other goes to the dash light and shows if a problem .Tested at the alt ,one is giving 14.1 when earthed ,the other 8.8 .So it's just the warning light circuit gone awol I thinks :smokin:
I can monitor it's charging with the ciggy fingy .

paul b
25-09-2008, 18:08
yeah...good man...

Billy-G
25-09-2008, 19:21
Opposite of mine then. My battery light just will not go out.

Went today and got a reckonditioned alternator, didn't cure it.SOmehow,the alternator is not charging the battery.

Checked the two wires that go to the alternator,and I know one is the exciter,and with ignition on, both ar showing a 12v live.

Any clues?:confused:

Brigsy
25-09-2008, 19:26
Is it a new wiring loom billy? ive read on some threads that the 2 alt wires are the wrong way round.

Also is the alt-starter feed connected to the starter?

Billy-G
25-09-2008, 19:34
Is it a new wiring loom billy? ive read on some threads that the 2 alt wires are the wrong way round.

Also is the alt-starter feed connected to the starter?

Nah,same old loom mate, and yep,gray wire is on the starter.

Strangely,the rad fan isn't working now either.Can't help thinking the two are somehow connected,

Brigsy
25-09-2008, 19:38
Strange, must be power/earth related, as the rad fan relay usually gets its power from the alt 12+.

All earths bolted up to the block?

Billy-G
25-09-2008, 19:39
Strange, must be power/earth related, as the rad fan relay usually gets its power from the alt 12+.

All earths bolted up to the block?

Yeah,think so!

You wait,it'll be something that silly...