PDA

View Full Version : Indicators

Arron V R5GTT
14-09-2009, 17:33
Hi i have my car booked in for its 1st mot on weds since rebuilding but i have a problem with my passenger side indicators the front works and side but not the rear it flashes on the clocks really quick also the lights work that side but if you put the brakes on the indicator bulb lights up and the rear light goes out also if you turn the lights off the brake lights come on as normal also some times the rear light flashes when trying the indicator i have replaced the loom to that light and the bulb panel can any one help i really havent a clew know:confused::cry:

JRP
14-09-2009, 17:36
have you got the lights in the right holes? and are the connectors all clean?

Bigfoot
14-09-2009, 17:39
Sounds more like you got an earthing issue or wires mixed up. Was running on two positives on my rear lights, managed to mix it up with the brake wiring so when had the lights on then braked the rear lights went out :laugh: im sure I had some strange looks for a while but great when it was the rear lights for the plates, it used to disappear :D

Arron V R5GTT
14-09-2009, 17:48
im just about to check the earths as all ive done so far is unplugged the wiring loom from the white clip where the door is and ran that straight through to the lights all the terminals are clean with no cut wires thankyou for your suggestions im pulling my hair out:eek:

JRP
14-09-2009, 17:51
is somthing shorting, or arching?

Arron V R5GTT
14-09-2009, 17:54
not that i can see or hear where should the earths be for the lights as all i have is the connectors that push on to the lights nothing going to the chasis

Bigfoot
14-09-2009, 17:56
Get a multimeter out and found out whats happening.

Arron V R5GTT
14-09-2009, 18:02
just checked i have 11 volts for the light and 6 for the indicator

Bigfoot
14-09-2009, 19:27
Its more of which wires are postive and negative on them, find out if there is a cross wire as you say. Find out if power does go if when you put the brakes on or does is it 2 positive powers trying to feed the rear light so it will make it go out.