PDA

View Full Version : what a day

mike.robinson83
12-09-2009, 16:28
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

:cry::cry:after spending a few hours in the garage to fix all the poo bits left on the car by the cock that owned it before me.i was on a test run to the next town to visit some fellow members and the head has now gone.the car was leaking so much boost that i put on the original pipes from my donor car that the car was running 14 psi and still rising when i let off.reduced the boost set off to be greated by temps rising through the roof on the a38 and when i pulled off and stopped my engine bay was covered in brown water as well as more oil than before.only plus for the day is that i have another engine to put in so it wont cost too much.:cry::cry:

mike r5 gtt
12-09-2009, 20:12
the wonderful world of renault turbos!!!!!:cry::cry:

Ashy
12-09-2009, 21:28
not just a burst water pipe?

mike.robinson83
13-09-2009, 13:11
not just a burst water pipe?

nah head has deffo gone.was a jet of steam coming from where the gasket should be.
the guy was a numpty.when i got it home to look at it there was no air filter which has fuct the turbo,the guy replaced the rocker cover without doing the gasket so it was leaking oil all around.the ic to carb boost hose was made up of about 6 pieceswith the dump valve bit blocked off with gaffa tape,and i am gussing he just uped the boost to compensate for the leaking pipes.plus the exhaust has been drilled so that it pops when you come off the power.

but he was a cruiser not an enthusiast so of course nothing is done properly.
just means i gotta swap engines way sooner that i wanted then start tunning the other one after the repairs.