PDA

View Full Version : R19 1.7 Turbo

raj
24-09-2008, 22:26
just after some info regarding fitting a volvo b18ft engine into a r19.?

what engine mounts would have to be used? any other valid info if its vastly different than fitting the engine into a gtt.

just thinking of my next project after i sell the 5[IF i sell the 5:scared:]
not wanting nothing special as i want to do everything on the cheap,car will be
stripped out and nasty, so just a nippy car with space for me and more importantly my dog, a car that i wont be fussed about getting ditched with muddy paws everywhere or leaving in sh1tty areas.
although i love them i think a phase1 r19 hatch is upto the job
:D
dont get me wrong,id love a mint phase1 r19 hatch but i couldnt do it justice as i let my dog jump all over the shop and he'll have it stripped inside before me lol.:)

Ricardo
25-09-2008, 00:00
Raj, i dropped a C1J engine into a R19 Chamade 16V shell and that went in on the original mounts so theres no reason why the Volvo lump shouldn't fit in without any problems. I assume this as you can drop the Volvo lump in the 5 shell. Maybe fit the GTX bracket on the front engine mount but it shouldn't be too hard. If you're handy with auto electrics then the loom shouldn't be too hard to do :)

if you're gonna drop it in a Renault 19 do it in a 16V shell as you'll have better wider track, brakes and suspension already.

raj
25-09-2008, 00:23
see thats another thing..
if i get hold of a r19 16v then i may aswell stick with that engine and be done with it as they perform ok do they not??
if it happens to be a blown engined r19 16v then it'll be worth it i think.

and electrics..me any good....i think not:laugh::crap:

Schakal
25-09-2008, 00:55
1.7 volvo (renault ) engine is a glorified F type (f2n/f3n ) type
engine ,so yes it will go straight on to the existing 19 mounts .
you may have to use renault brackets though as i never seen what volvo
ones look like .

1.7 turbo engine is 120bhp standard iirc and you can get it chipped to get up to
180bhp as i heard on volvo forums in the past (google pruen chip)

raj
25-09-2008, 12:13
schakal, yes i know the volvo engine is in fact a renault f-series engine, dont know why i didnt think of it like that:rolleyes: over thinking i think lol:scared:.

im assuming as the f7p and the b18ft are the same blocks i can simply swap engine mounts if i need to? but with that said there still maybe small mounting differences between the 2 on the block side!

suppose its just a case of finding a half decent r19 that i can get through an mot, still it wont be happening till i finish my current 5.

thanks.:)

Ricardo
25-09-2008, 18:16
We had 180bhp and ft/lbs torque in the C1J'd 19, was pretty quick, the novelty of having a 19 that was turbocharged, sounded good :)

So much room in the engine bay, we fitted the Megane 225 FMIC

raj
25-09-2008, 18:51
what does the r19 weigh.?
ric, surley you did some strippage of the interior/bodywork for the c1j to work nicely.?

Ricardo
25-09-2008, 19:15
1060kgs rings a bell, yeah we stripped the carpet out along with the leather interior and the door cards, the leather seats weighed 50kgs. It was on par with a 5 running 15psi

raj
25-09-2008, 22:59
so obviously abit heavier than a 5.

ok so could anyone tell me of any volvo breakers that i can source the b18ft engine from in the future.??