PDA

View Full Version : Can't save it

clee
10-09-2009, 17:48
:(
But it was still a bargain .Sitting for 6 years ,much rot and many little jobs that add up to a lot of work and the paint is totally shot .
Low mileage engine ,71k ,if true ,
will be dropped into the red one that has head and low oil pressure issues .
Will pull the lump tomorrow and continue stripping for spares .

JRP
10-09-2009, 17:50
:cry::(

MFaulks
11-09-2009, 00:05
.. is it a gaggle of GTAs ha-ha+ :) Great bargain, and certainly the best way to sort the red one out.

see if the rear indicator lense covers are up for grabs, plus the sub-frame if one of the many is better than the one adding Fe to your back garden soil at the mo?

If yr stuck on std turbos or get stuck, I think I have one good std one left. Just let me know.

Daz boot, weekend full of Russian No. 13 spanners! Have fun ;)

clee
11-09-2009, 14:10
Just 4 engine mount nuts to remove and out she comes ....The only real rot is on the rear turrets at the strengthing bar .Hmmmm... thinking on now ,loads of other stuff to do to make good but may be sound for track only .

JRP
11-09-2009, 14:13
Just 4 engine mount nuts to remove and out she comes ....The only real rot is on the rear turrets at the strengthing bar .Hmmmm... thinking on now ,loads of other stuff to do to make good but may be sound for track only .

some welding and some track use :)

clee
12-09-2009, 17:38
Lump out and looks OK ,good clean green antifreeze out the block and plugs brown and even .Turns over with good feel on the ratchet .Will bolt a bellhousing and starter to it to check comp but I think it's worth just chucking it in the red thing and see what's what .

clee
30-09-2009, 19:16
This lump is now in the red one .Get the ancillaries on and see what happens .Only issue was a stuck engine mount that makes life pretty difficult installing but I have a way round it :agree: