PDA

View Full Version : megane 1.6 16v fault

ROB C2GTT
09-09-2009, 19:51
right been to a mates tonight to look at her car as she said its not been starting? when it does start it can cut out for no reason? After having a look i think its a throttle body fault? when it fails to start/cuts out there is a buzzing noise coming from the throttle body? Anyone know if these are a known problem?

Andrew Cooke
09-09-2009, 19:55
I can only talk about my 172. The throttle body on that is pretty noisy, but should open and close with the pedal even with the engine off (ign on of course)

ROB C2GTT
09-09-2009, 20:05
Cheers andy ill check it tommorrow and see? Its just it seems to only make the beeping/buzzing noise when it plays up?

Andrew Cooke
09-09-2009, 20:13
I'm not saying that mine's right, but I believe it to be normal. I'd also think that a throttle fault would bring an alarm up.

It might be the old favorite TDC sensor? What does the rev counter do?

For some reason I have a feeling that the 1.6 has a 'connector of doom'

ROB C2GTT
09-09-2009, 20:57
I started it up it started and idled ok. Then for no reason it cut out? i restarted it and it ran ok then again cut out? Then i heard the buzzing noise and it wouldnt fire up. Then it stopped and i tried it again and away it went? Could be nothing to do with it but it seems strange.