PDA

View Full Version : Rear brake pads..? quick help pls

raj
08-09-2009, 19:46
fitted the new rear discs:agree:

but i cant seem to slide the outer pads into the reaction frames:scratch: the inner pads arent a problem as ive wound the piston in just enough for the inners to slot in:agree:

any tips on trying to get the outer pads to slot in:confused:

soapymech
08-09-2009, 19:49
fitted the new rear discs:agree:

but i cant seem to slide the outer pads into the reaction frames:scratch: the inner pads arent a problem as ive wound the piston in just enough for the inners to slot in:agree:

any tips on trying to get the outer pads to slot in:confused:
make sure you have pressure on the piston when winding in use a g clamp it will go back further;)

raj
08-09-2009, 19:55
make sure you have pressure on the piston when winding in use a g clamp it will go back further;)

it not the piston side im talking about, its the outer pad that wont slot in:scratch:

the piston is wound in enough as the pad on the piston side fits in the with ease. brake pads arnt sided are they?:confused:

soapymech
08-09-2009, 20:01
it not the piston side im talking about, its the outer pad that wont slot in:scratch:

the piston is wound in enough as the pad on the piston side fits in the with ease. brake pads arnt sided are they?:confused:
the rear pads are not sided.if theres only room for one pad then deffo the piston must go futher back

raj
08-09-2009, 20:38
im simply a daft fecker at times:ashamed: ive changed rear pads a fair few times.. i forgot that i could move the caliper back and forth to fit the pads:ashamed:

all sorted:D

Miller
08-09-2009, 21:59
Rear pads are sided (kind of) the Little nipple on the back of the pad must engage in the piston slot, also the line on the piston face must point towards the bleed nipple;)

Chris

price82
08-09-2009, 22:02
our 14 year old apprentice fitted my rear pads in about 10 min lol

raj
09-09-2009, 06:45
Rear pads are sided (kind of) the Little nipple on the back of the pad must engage in the piston slot, also the line on the piston face must point towards the bleed nipple;)

Chris

i never knew that! ive just always wound the piston in enough to slide the pad into the piston slot.
i mean,the piston slot can only face that way for the pads to slide in yes?

Miller
09-09-2009, 17:55
i mean,the piston slot can only face that way for the pads to slide in yes?

I do not know what difference it would make, probably none but do not quote me on it:confused:

If you look in the Haynes manual you can see what i am on about as it give you a picture of it.

Chris:D