PDA

View Full Version : Finally joined

KeefaGT
08-09-2009, 18:51
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hello all i have been the proud owner off a Phase 1 GTT for the past 12 years.Only problem is i broke it 11 years ago. After repairing the head gasket 5 times in as many months i gave up on her but could never bring myself to sell.This little motor has followed me around about 4 different houses it even got me kicked out of one house when i decided to take down the front fence and park in the garden so i had somewhere to keep it :D another time it nearly got smashed up with a hammer by my brothers ex missus (Nuttier than a squirrell turd) had to leg it round and push the car away as fast as possible lol

After years of listening to Mates/Family/Missus taking the mick out of my Hot Rod all convinced it will never see tarmac again i have decided now is the time to prove em all wrong

It has been a bit of a head spin trying to put back together somthing i took apart 11 years ago but with the help of you lot and this club and loads of ££££££ it is slowly getting there cant wait to drive the beast again! Look forward to cruizin with Yall.....Peace.

Big Steve - Raider
08-09-2009, 20:08
Welcome along KEEF! :D

All credit to you for keeping the GTT for 11 years as a non runner & finally deciding to get it back on the road rather than scrapping it!! :niceone:

That's the hold these hatches have on us all!! ;) :laugh:

James_Surridge G1 5 GTT
10-09-2009, 21:57
Welcome :agree:

price82
10-09-2009, 22:38
welcome mate

where in kent r u

im near tunbridge wells?

KeefaGT
10-09-2009, 23:37

Near Canterbury Mate

Nikki
19-09-2009, 13:28
Hi Keefa!:agree:

Rob1980
19-09-2009, 14:05

Hello all i have been the proud owner off a Phase 1 GTT for the past 12 years.Only problem is i broke it 11 years ago. After repairing the head gasket 5 times in as many months i gave up on her but could never bring myself to sell.This little motor has followed me around about 4 different houses it even got me kicked out of one house when i decided to take down the front fence and park in the garden so i had somewhere to keep it :D another time it nearly got smashed up with a hammer by my brothers ex missus (Nuttier than a squirrell turd) had to leg it round and push the car away as fast as possible lol

After years of listening to Mates/Family/Missus taking the mick out of my Hot Rod all convinced it will never see tarmac again i have decided now is the time to prove em all wrong

It has been a bit of a head spin trying to put back together somthing i took apart 11 years ago but with the help of you lot and this club and loads of ££££££ it is slowly getting there cant wait to drive the beast again! Look forward to cruizin with Yall.....Peace.

Welcome mate.

Remember that head gaskets blow for a reason, i.e incorrectly fueled. just fixing it is not the answer, find the underlaying problem. Its a bit like just changing a blown fuse!

You will get a lot of really good advice on here to help your on your way. Dont be afraid to ask anything.

Trevhib
19-09-2009, 16:12
Pics :)

KeefaGT
20-09-2009, 22:00

Welcome mate.

Remember that head gaskets blow for a reason, i.e incorrectly fueled. just fixing it is not the answer, find the underlaying problem. Its a bit like just changing a blown fuse!

You will get a lot of really good advice on here to help your on your way. Dont be afraid to ask anything.

Cheers for the advice mate i gave up completely on that engine and have dropped a BB tuning yellow spec engine in with a brand new head from renault so fingers crossed with the fuel set up right the headgasket should be good for at least 1000 miles :)

Brigsy
20-09-2009, 23:54
1000 miles? When setup property the headgasket's on these outlast the car;)

Welcome to the club :)

gtmatt
21-09-2009, 12:06
welcome mate enjoy :)

KeefaGT
21-09-2009, 21:53

Thanks Yall :D