PDA

View Full Version : GOLF GTI p1105

ROB C2GTT
08-09-2009, 12:09
Had this trouble code come up on a gti 20vT and its saying that the voltage supply on bank1 sensor 2 is going to ground? Anyone had this fault and have a cause? its had a new sensor fitted etc already. Any help would be good!

Sparkie
08-09-2009, 12:29
was an oe sensor fitted?

have you traced the heater circuit wiring back from the lambda sensor yet?

ROB C2GTT
08-09-2009, 13:42
Well it first went to a kwik fit for a cat, it then a while later came up with the code bank 1 sensor 1, it went back there and they put a sensor in (NGK sensor) it then came to me with Bank1 sensor 2 fault. 5 sensors were sent out all wrong, after speaking to vw it seemed kwik fit may have fitted the sensors the wrong way around as the sensor i wanted was infact sensor 1. I fitted it and put sensors the correct way around as vw suggested. The same code is back up now! I checked voltage this morning and checked with meter that power supplys are not going to earth (even when sensors are connected) and all seems good. Could it be the sensor?? At the minute its the NGK sensor that appears to be at fault?

Gttnutter
08-09-2009, 13:53
I'd say duff senser rob. best bet is vw's although i recall them being around £50 odd quid. then erase the fault memory.

ROB C2GTT
08-09-2009, 20:34
cheers rich, the chap who owns it is a work mate of my mrs. He said it has had another sensor in it already?? He was calling into VAG Tech tonight to see if they had any ideas? Still could be a sensor althought with a meter the power wires are not going to earth? could be an issue with the loo but to be honest i cant be arsed tracing the wires back to the ECU as he wont want to pay.;)

Sparkie
08-09-2009, 21:33
could be an issue with the loo but to be honest i cant be arsed tracing the wires back to the ECU as he wont want to pay.;)

ie, the type of person who doesnt fit oe parts...

price82
08-09-2009, 22:29
almost certain faulty sensor

get a vw as the universal **** is well **** lol

markey b
09-09-2009, 01:20
iirc some of the 20vt's use a 5wire... isn't that wideband?

also, if that cat isn't OE chances are that it has less precious metal in so will age faster and not give the references that the sensors are looking for.

peugeots suffer badly if a non gen cat is used, a non gen will usually only last a year or two before the emissions/EML suffer

ROB C2GTT
09-09-2009, 07:47
iirc some of the 20vt's use a 5wire... isn't that wideband?

also, if that cat isn't OE chances are that it has less precious metal in so will age faster and not give the references that the sensors are looking for.

peugeots suffer badly if a non gen cat is used, a non gen will usually only last a year or two before the emissions/EML suffer

It has 2 sensors on it. Sensor 1 is sat in the down pipe and is a 5 wire one, its the same sensor as you get with the LM 1. The second one is 4 wire and sits in the entrance to the Cat. Its the second one thats playing up and im still thining stick a vw sensor in it? But again will he pay? i think he should go back to quick fit as they fitted it and let them change it and argue the cost.

Totally agree about the Cat ive had trouble with non gen parts so will not fit them now.