PDA

View Full Version : Wheels for rolling shell

Streetfighter
07-09-2009, 17:55
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

New winter project so..............

Instead of trying to work it out (and yes I've tried the search function) I need to get my shell rolling for paint o'clock, I want some v cheap sh1t wheels to roll it around on. I know GT Turbo wheels are 4 x 100 ET36, any ideas what I can pick up from the breakers off other cars to do the job? :scratch:

Cheers!

JRP
07-09-2009, 18:07
go onto ebay, and get a cheap set of the standard ph2 alloys you get them for tuppence!

i got 7 of them with tyres for nothing a while ago... :)

post a wanted (an appeal) for people with ****ters laying around getting in the way and pinch them :)

Hoolio
09-09-2009, 17:23
So what project is this then Matt? How cheap is cheap? I have a spare set of speedlines but I cant remember how good they are.

Ricardo
09-09-2009, 17:29
Get 4 steel wheels off an old Renault 5, Clio or 19 from a breakers

Streetfighter
09-09-2009, 20:28

So what project is this then Matt? How cheap is cheap? I have a spare set of speedlines but I cant remember how good they are.

Hee, hee, hee..............one that couldn't be kept a secret :laugh: All I want to say for now is I'm about to begin work on a new shell, final destination........ not sure just yet but I've caught the bug again.

So, wheels, I could do with something that costs next to nothing and they can go in the skip afterwards (first thought) or a v cheap set of alloys, either way they must have tyres that hold air!

Kris M
09-09-2009, 20:38
As ricky said, go to the scrappy and get 4 wheels. Loads of renault steelies will fit ( make sure youve got clearence for the caliper )

Streetfighter
09-09-2009, 20:44

As ricky said, go to the scrappy and get 4 wheels. Loads of renault steelies will fit ( make sure youve got clearence for the caliper )

Yeah I can see this being the solution but didn't want to faff around looking for separate tyres if they were all flat at the breakers. Caliper clearance was the other reason I asked so I was sure what will go on :)

Hoolio
09-09-2009, 22:11

Hee, hee, hee..............one that couldn't be kept a secret :laugh: All I want to say for now is I'm about to begin work on a new shell, final destination........ not sure just yet but I've caught the bug again.

So, wheels, I could do with something that costs next to nothing and they can go in the skip afterwards (first thought) or a v cheap set of alloys, either way they must have tyres that hold air!

Ah, I wondered why you were giving stuff away.

Mine have got air in but that's not to say its going to stay in. Actually I poked the valve on one and it disappeared inside so that's them out.
Btw you can tell, soul of discretion me ;-)