PDA

View Full Version : Re Spray?

mikey_r5gtt
05-09-2009, 22:55
Any one had a full re spray recently? Just wondered how much and if any ones knows any decent garages in the south west. I only want it tunggy grey still

rs250nut
05-09-2009, 23:02
Any one had a full re spray recently? Just wondered how much and if any ones knows any decent garages in the south west. I only want it tunggy grey still

Just the exterior with shuts? You wont get a decent job for anything south of a bag of sand. There are a lot of cowboys in the spraying game these days so be careful you dont get your fingers burned.

mikey_r5gtt
05-09-2009, 23:06
that does seem rather expensive but I guess you get what you pay for

rs250nut
05-09-2009, 23:23
that does seem rather expensive but I guess you get what you pay for

Alot of people dont realize what goes into painting a car, the dry products cost an arm and a leg let alone the wet products £30- £60 a litre for base coat 3 litres needed maybe more thinners to go with. Clear coat can cost silly money and so can the hardner and thinners to go with it, some cheap clears look good in the cup and polish well but are never durable, they stay to soft. Ici auto colours, spies-hecker etc are good and will last and if the painter knows what he is doing will provide a really nice finish. On top of this all the time preping, masking, filling, shaping, priming.

JRP
05-09-2009, 23:57
to get a decent puff over, with no metal work etc at least 2k...

Ive payed silly money and im not happy but at least he is taking it back to do all the bits once its running again

Sy5GTT
06-09-2009, 10:42
I took my Scooby to a place called Crash. I knew they were good when I saw a Bentley in the spray booth when I got a quote. As said you get what you pay for. My front and rear bumpers and a front panal was just over £700. Very Very good job though. :)

price82
06-09-2009, 11:29
cost me £200 plus the paint which cocst about £90 that was tungy grey

#was a friend though :laugh:

michael tierney
06-09-2009, 13:00
the best thing to do is ask what if i strip the body kit off myself and prep the whole thing...if the b/kit is ok u wont need it primered.in other words if u ask a sprayer to do a straight forward job he cant charge u too much!;)

Adam 005
06-09-2009, 13:23

Best place in yeovil for your paint work to be done is motoraid.They are next to wenton fastners on the penmill easte.Feel free to look at my car on profile the did my paint work.you will get a top job for the correct money:agree::agree::agree::agree: