PDA

View Full Version : Signed up and searching

Blot
05-09-2009, 21:32
First post!

Ow do

Eee bah gum rtoc board asn't alf gone posh since I were last 'ere wit all the wotchama call it colours n links n all

Anyways, seriously thinking about finding a 5GTT.

Nowt fancy, just a good honest car that'll go straight along straights, round around corners & up the odd hill without much fuss and nonsense oh and stop.

Ideally one based in Yorks or NE for around a grand.

Spose I should post summat in the wanted section, but not before posting something in the 5 turbo section about a GTT, ask on the general boards what the cup mod is and throw some insults at the membership secretary

:beer:

dave-sbs
05-09-2009, 22:05
hello and welcome Mr Blotski,

so the rumour you sold the gaylardo for a more reliable car ( back in a 5 ) is true :D

the mushroon car was lookin good at national day and i did wonder when you would return to the dark side...

you should have placed this in the " i was wrong and gtt's are great " section, and your membership pack will be tied round a brick and thrown in your general direction shortly..

Blot
05-09-2009, 22:13
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

:p

Pah I told Lady Maude this disguise wouldn't work

Can you tie some Cumberland Sausage to said brick, just to protect the windows and to save me from this dammed middle age spread dieting the witch has put me on:sos:

dave-sbs
05-09-2009, 22:17
no :cooter:

Blot
05-09-2009, 22:19

Yes of course :agree:

Thanks Dave, will get the tatties roasting :D

The new Bill J
05-09-2009, 22:20
Blimey, look who's back :cool:

Hello Sir, how's life been treating you? What "toys" are you causing havoc in these days? Did you ever get one of Austin's finest?

Blot
05-09-2009, 22:35

Hey Bill, good ta and you?

The Austin experience is still on the wish list but not on the horizon at mo.

Been 'interesting' times over last 2 years!

Just been sorting a load of cupboards out today and found all the mag features of RTOC rolling road days and cup cars etc. Realised how much I missed the 5GTT & the smurf and what good times were had on track days etc

So hunt is on

Is Mart still in the land of Evo's?

Have you still got the Ghost??

Big Steve - Raider
05-09-2009, 22:35
Did you ever get one of Austin's finest?

Like this one?! :laugh:

http://www.vehicle-engineer.com/Sections/thumbs/mini_austin_maxi.jpg

Welcome Back! :D

The new Bill J
05-09-2009, 22:43
I'm pretty good as well thanks mate :agree:

I saw you signed up to one of the Austin sites a while back, but I didn't know if you ended up with one. Good to hear it's still on your list :cool:

They were good days with the old Cup cars. We were having a giggle about them the other week at the Nat' Day. I've still got T-Cup (it's barely used now though), but the Ghost has moved on :cry:

Yep, Mart's still in the land of the Evo, although he has another gtt as well. And look what I bought last week:

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=9891

:laugh: :D

The new Bill J
05-09-2009, 22:44
Like this one?! :laugh:

http://www.vehicle-engineer.com/Sections/thumbs/mini_austin_maxi.jpg

Welcome Back! :D

You know it Steve :D

Blot
05-09-2009, 22:58

I'm pretty good as well thanks mate :agree:

I saw you signed up to one of the Austin sites a while back, but I didn't know if you ended up with one. Good to hear it's still on your list :cool:

They were good days with the old Cup cars. We were having a giggle about them the other week at the Nat' Day. I've still got T-Cup (it's barely used now though), but the Ghost has moved on :cry:

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=9891

:laugh: :D

Very nice indeed mate :cool:

Had a test drive and almost did the deed for an Austin, but sat down sensibly and worked out potential running costs. Apparently it's illegal to sell the kids on ebay if the gearbox broke....the mate who does have one also snuck a 300 miles on the clock original road version in his garage, just bloomin greedy!

Snetterton trackday was probably highlight for B-cup though blowing the brand new turbo at Brunters on the photo shoot with all you lot sticks high in the memory of mechanical **** ups :laugh:

Been some good motoring highlight memory type things since, agreed with she who must be obeyed that once yellow thing had gone it would be time for house type purchase stuff, currently spend life on trains mostly heading darn to the smoke, so nothing of note in the garage apart from spiders and a few bits of cars. :crap:

So is T cup getting a run out or is the lure of japanese exotica just going to be too great??

The new Bill J
05-09-2009, 23:23

Had a test drive and almost did the deed for an Austin, but sat down sensibly and worked out potential running costs. Apparently it's illegal to sell the kids on ebay if the gearbox broke....the mate who does have one also snuck a 300 miles on the clock original road version in his garage, just bloomin greedy!

:eek: Now that is greedy, and lucky!

Snetterton, and Brunters were both great days out :cool:. I've still got the magazine somewhere, I'll have to dig it out for a re-read :cry:

T-Cup will be used again one day. I lost my enthusiasm a bit, so I bought the Evo as a bit of a kick up the ar5e :D

It's a shame your garage is currently empty, but you've been given your orders, and I guess you've got to stick to them.....

Old B-Cup's down my way (ish) these days. It's been at the last couple of Nat' Days, where it's been going pretty well. The current owner is a member on here:

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=42

Blot
06-09-2009, 10:30

Ol B-cup is looking well cared for :)

Wonder what happened to T2?

Last time I saw it it was being advertised for a rather optimistic amount by new owner on ebay/pistonheads etc

Will have to stick a few old pics up in an album whilst clearing more cupboards :coffee: