PDA

View Full Version : use of Firegum

jantheeven
24-09-2008, 19:02
A few months ago, my R5 didn't pass MOT because of too big a leak at the turbo downpipe - exhaust connection. I e-mailed the guys from K-Tec to ask if there was such a thing as a gasket for that connection, but there isn't. They said I could use an exhaust assembly paste like Firegum, but other people told me that it's possible for tiny bits of that stuff to break off and end up in the turbo, destroying it... is that true? Because... well... the downpipe comes AFTER the turbo in the exhaust flow, right? :laugh:

raj
24-09-2008, 19:08
some ones talking poo poo!
ive always use firegum on the exhaust to downpipe flange... never had any probs.:agree:

FLANGEEEEEE:D

jantheeven
24-09-2008, 19:35
Okay thanks Raj ;)

Dicey
25-09-2008, 15:40
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

A few months ago, my R5 didn't pass MOT because of too big a leak at the turbo downpipe - exhaust connection. I e-mailed the guys from K-Tec to ask if there was such a thing as a gasket for that connection, but there isn't. They said I could use an exhaust assembly paste like Firegum, but other people told me that it's possible for tiny bits of that stuff to break off and end up in the turbo, destroying it... is that true? Because... well... the downpipe comes AFTER the turbo in the exhaust flow, right? :laugh:

I do it regularly to keep every thing sealed up nice an tight, you have to re-apply every now and again though as it goes brittle and comes off. :smokin: