Post Thanks / Like

Latest crash at the 'Ring' Astra VXR

British lad in his newish Astra vxr is the latest victim of the ring

Spotted the sticker in the rear side window so I have been looking for the owners thread but he may not be back in the UK yet... reg CU08 NFZ

It was caught on film and is on youtube;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdGzy2Lun2I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz3JM_OoilU

photos as it came off the track;

Quote: from the guy that stacked it.............

i thank most of u who are concerned about the well being of all involved in the crash, it was indeed me, i was driving my car on the ring,as u can see in the video i was entering the corner to fast so driver error is to blame.i got airlifted as precaution as they suspected a broken neck,even tho i walked out they sed shock could hav made the body respond with panick! however,im fine,cuple scratches on my head,bits of glass decided to move into my skin,n a savage case of whiplash. my friends are also fine,alex has whiplash to.

car is as u can see a write off, shes in a bad state, im awaitin a date to be able to collect her. its 300kms from me.

I MUST ADD THAT THE PEOPLE ON HERE THAT GOB OFF SAYIN I HAV MAXIMUM POINTS NEED TO GET THERE FACTS RIGHT. LIKE MOST PEOPLE ON THIS SITE I DONT HAVE A CLEAN SLATE, I HAVE 3 POINTS ON MY LICENCE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Latest crash at the 'Ring' Astra VXR

that wasnt bad that was a controled crash compared to some.... lame no fame game first time in months , say it how it is. least the control was in his own hands! as was his friends,"can never spelll mate "friends" right ... is that right Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

What a ****ing bellend.

I bet he gets a £5000 bill from the ring, minimum. ****.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel compelled to revisit this. WHAT AN ABSOLUTE DONKEY'S COCK this bloke is. That driving is simply ridiculous. As is (was) that stupid and utterly gay car. I am angry that I have to share a country with such f*cksticks.

P.S. Is Ralph VXR on that forum the same Ralph that used to be on here I wonder.

Post Thanks / Like

Again not a lot of sympathy from this direction, he drives(and killed) an astra vxr, really poor driving and thyen I read that thread and he didn't have trackday insurance, what a tool.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be almost impossible to insure your own vehicle at the ring. The best you can do is insure third parties and the costs of damaging the track. The best thing to do is not drive like a dickweed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T.K View Post
    It would be almost impossible to insure your own vehicle at the ring. The best you can do is insure third parties and the costs of damaging the track. The best thing to do is not drive like a dickweed.
    That's interesting, you cannot get dedicated track day insurance for the ring?

Post Thanks / Like

Beat me to it T.K. - no 'ring insurance options from UK companies, they know it's a huge risk.

Crap car
    Unbelievably poor driving
    Inevitable ending

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Streetfighter View Post
    Beat me to it T.K. - no 'ring insurance options from UK companies, they know it's a huge risk.

Crap car
    Unbelievably poor driving
    Inevitable ending
    Everyday's a school day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoolio View Post
    Everyday's a school day.
    Isn't it

Post Thanks / Like

FOOL!!! driving like that any way and only the fellas second lap ever!!! hope he has deep pockets. the ring bill will be nice let alone paying for the car.

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good old ring, treat it with respect and you will be fine (abit of luck also helps)

Treat it like a bell end and sh*t happens!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvCOWWx_fnA

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha!! Good times..

Post Thanks / Like

For sure that's gonna hurt his pocket, and not just because of the damage done to his car - The helicopter call-out alone is probably gonna run into thousands, let alone track damage, and then the fact you're charged for every 5 minutes that the track is closed.

Time to bend over & assume the position...

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

On the other thread he is claiming his E111 will cover the helicopter...? Not so sure myself. Certainly never read that or heard that because everyone who travels in Europe and who is equiped with a brain has an E111, and yet you do hear about people paying for the bellipopper.

All in all, I am revising my estimate of £5k+ car up to £8k + car. What a ****ing tool, I bet he bought the ****box on the never never. He literally doesn't know what's about to hit him (again).

Edit: He says 'European Health Insurance'. I bet he means his E111, but I suppose it could be private health insurance. If that private cover includes track days I'll be shocked.
    Last edited by T.K; 13-05-2010 at 16:26.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Only redeeming feature is that his signature suggests he likes Iron Maiden.

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

the car should get a medal for taking a pounding like that and letting everyone walk away.. looks like each person got hit with a few airbags each

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T.K View Post

Edit: He says 'European Health Insurance'. I bet he means his E111, but I suppose it could be private health insurance. If that private cover includes track days I'll be shocked.
    The E111 doesn't exist anymore - It was replaced with the European Health Insurance Card in 2006

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, same ****. Question stands!

Post Thanks / Like

I was just advising, as you would have done the other way round

Yeah, pretty dead sure that it won't cover the costs of a helicopter, the guy's a numpty! The EHIC website even states it won't cover such things as mountain rescue from a ski resort, so this is looking highly unlikely.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I have absolutely no sympathy at all for this guy. What the f*ck was he thinking going through there at that speed? Probably trying to show off to the viewing area. Numpty.

Post Thanks / Like

If you read that thread on the VXR club, it mentions it was only his 2nd lap ever driving there, and that he was also timing it hoping to achieve a sub-10 minute lap.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

he should have turned for that corner? looked like he was aiming for the wall though

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I keep watching it again and again. It really is the ****test bit of driving I have ever seen.

Post Thanks / Like

Just what I want to see when I'm off to the 'ring for the first time, in a couple of weeks

Non-member old skool turbo power's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    If you read that thread on the VXR club, it mentions it was only his 2nd lap ever driving there, and that he was also timing it hoping to achieve a sub-10 minute lap.

a big no,no on his 2nd atempet and tryin to get a sub 10min lap no way.going out on a track like
    im pretty sure when DG had it vag and we took it took the ring in 2008 he was tryin to set a 10min lap(i think he was sayin)cant remember but he was on his way to his 100th lap on the ring
    one thing i do remember is when i had just come off the track there was a bad accident it involved a jag,porsche,and 2 bikers heard it want good anyway
    a great time it was,you just gotta keep your eyes open and be on the ball

Post Thanks / Like

If that thread on the VXR website teaches us one thing (besides not driving like a dickhead) its RTOC should never ever ever have banners on each post for members.

They are so gay.

Did they all buy those stupid coolart pictures of their cars and then go gay gay a go go on them? WTF

Post Thanks / Like

The bloke is a knob!! pure and simple, if you take it easy on track you will be fine, keep out of the way of the super fast cars and knobheads & you will have a time of your life bill...

Post Thanks / Like

How ironic, takes his astra vxr nurburgring edition to the nurburgring and crashes it, what a plonker. Probabley trying to keep up with the nissan in front and then.............................................. ..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The new Bill J View Post
    Just what I want to see when I'm off to the 'ring for the first time, in a couple of weeks
    Everyone thinking of going to the ring should watch footage like this. It will teach peeps to give the track and others some respect. People forget that they aren't on their playstation anymore and drive like they stole it

South West Regional Rep jesus in the seat of a 5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold View Post
    The bloke is a knob!! pure and simple, if you take it easy on track you will be fine, keep out of the way of the super fast cars and knobheads & you will have a time of your life bill...
    wise words from the love guru himself....totally.., id like to see this site again at pod...https://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php...reid=464....:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jesus in the seat of a 5 View Post
    wise words from the love guru himself....totally..
    What ever you do, never get in a car with me around the ring.... ask bruce about my overtaking into the karousel, adey about my one handed steering into tight bends (other hand holding onto the door handle incase I prang it)

Let alone thinking sh*t I am 5 up, tools in the boot and doing 110mph into a tight bend with Kwik fit brake pads... Mr Bean & miss's can vouch for that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HULK View Post
    Everyone thinking of going to the ring should watch footage like this. It will teach peeps to give the track and others some respect. People forget that they aren't on their playstation anymore and drive like they stole it

S0d an 8 minute lap, I'll be happy with a 28 minute lap - Much better value for money

Post Thanks / Like

If I had a VXR I'd probably drive it in to a wall at high speed too... a) to make sure I couldn't drive it again and b) to make it look better!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post

F*CK!!
    No way!
    Cock!
    Got what he deserved.

My reaction and swift conclusion. Nothing more needs to be said.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlexS View Post
    F*CK!!
    No way!
    Cock!
    Got what he deserved.

My reaction and swift conclusion. Nothing more needs to be said.
    Here here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by old skool turbo power View Post
    a big no,no on his 2nd atempet and tryin to get a sub 10min lap no way.going out on a track like
    im pretty sure when DG had it vag and we took it took the ring in 2008 he was tryin to set a 10min lap(i think he was sayin)cant remember but he was on his way to his 100th lap on the ring
    one thing i do remember is when i had just come off the track there was a bad accident it involved a jag,porsche,and 2 bikers heard it want good anyway
    a great time it was,you just gotta keep your eyes open and be on the ball
    Can't view the link until after core hours - work laptop but can imagine what it will be like. Seen it sooooo many times now. Just not the place to give it billy big beans if you have no idea of car control once you have gone beyond the limits of grip!

Having gone there multiple times with the track gang on here and other and doing enough laps to really know where I am going now and still take it easy there -

That crash was probably the quickest lap I had set there at the ring and really was really on for a 9min run but alas some idiot in a jag spilling oil all day went out dropped its guts and caused a massive crash resulting in 2 bikers in a very very bad way. Only bonus was getting to drive part of the track backwards to get off. In fact I cannot even remember the best time I got in the vag 5 there - remember the 2 times I came off the track though lol

8:03 is my best timed lap and do not think I would go much quicker due to lack of balls and limited skill lol oh and too scared of the bill of stacking it - def only go out 1st thing in the mornings now and mid week when it is quiet.

Al is in the sub 8 min club now I believe in the CSL and had some great laps with him over there last year it does it sooooo much smoother than the VXR (220 not astra lol)

I would love to see what my car could do but anyone that has been round or driven a sub 9min lap knows how bloody quick it is - in fact anything sub 10min is agoing some.

Treat it as a public road and you should be fine

DG

Post Thanks / Like

oooopppps cock up/ big bill imminent me thinks

Post Thanks / Like

Duncan, are you @Ring next week fella?