Post Thanks / Like

My EBS Renault 5 GT Turbo convertible for sale

Built by a Belgium company EBS(now known as ACT)
    Only 14 RHD GT Turbo Convertibles were built.
    To my knowledge there are now only 5 remaining and this one is the only one to have been fitted with an ELECTRIC ROOF and all 4 electric windows.

There is a lot more info on the cars here: http://www.289cobra.com/5gtturbo.html

Car’s brief history

I have owned this car for 12 years. I bought it from an independant Renault garage in south London it was in good condition but in need of some serious TLC!
    For a good few years it was my project undergoing many changes. It had a several engines ending up at 200bhp, morrette headlights, 3 different bonnets, full sound system......

The car was in perfect working order & in regular use going to lots of shows and car meets mainly but it was also used occasionally just for a drive on a sunny day.
    So the car and all the parts fitted new at the time have hardly seen the road or done any miles.
    But due to lifestyle changes and commitments and other projects meant I had less and less time to work on the car and before I knew it the car had been in storage for 8 years!

A year ago I decided it was time to sell, but before I could do that the car needed work doing to it again to get it back into even better condition than before! So for the past 12 months I have been working on the following:

I Removed the engine from the car,
    The engine bay was then stripped and repainted.
    All parts were stripped from the engine leaving just the block and head with the manifolds attached,
    Everything was then cleaned and painted and refitted with new gaskets where necessary.
    The water pump was stripped and cleaned out internally too, then rebuilt and repainted.
    Cooling system was flushed many times, using dei system cleaner.
    Any surface rust was cleaned off with a wire brush and treated.
    The brakes were removed (front and rear) cleaned, greased, painted and refitted with new fluid.
    Carb given a clean bill of health and cleaned and painted
    The whole car has been compounded and polished.
    The roof has been cleaned and treated inside & out.

The interior has been stripped and bad wiring removed. It now has an uncut dash loom with a Clifford alarm professionally fitted.
    The electric rear windows have been wired into the front window supplies so they are now fused off there and have new wiring to the rear motors.
    I used standard Renault wiring plugs and switches.

Elements such as the fan, heater & clock etc are all in good working order

Before the car was put in storage I had fitted lots of new parts,
    New water pump,
    Rebuilt starter motor,
    Rebuilt alternator,
    Carb was stripped and cleaned and rebuilt with a service kit,
    Rebuilt gearbox,
    New clutch with lightened flywheel,
    New engine loom,
    Braided brake pipes,
    New rear brake compensator & Master cylinder
    New engine build to standard spec (I got bored of the unreliability of the tuned engines)
    You can tell by looking at these parts that they are still virtually new and unused

List of new parts fitted 2014:
    New radiator
    New low temp fan switch
    New low temp thermostat
    New engine coolant (after a flush)
    New oil and filter
    New spark plugs
    New fuel filter
    New brake pipe fitted at the rear
    New brake fluid
    New engine mount on the front drivers side
    New battery

Spec list of the car

Engine:
    Engine built to std spec by baldyne engineering of Biggin Hill using all new parts
    Uprated head gasket and bolts
    Carb tuned by Glenn T of dynotec developments
    SFS water hoses
    Samco boost hoses
    Forge Alloy coolant expansion bottle
    GT Tuning Alloy turbo heat shield
    Pace Alloy intercooler
    T25 Turbo
    -31 actuator
    Large downpipe
    Big straight through stainless steel exhaust with 5" slash cut tailpipe
    Magnecour KV85 spark plug leads
    In car adjustable boost
    All hoses and wires that are unnecessary have been removed and all wiring has been tidied and hidden (turbo coolant hoses are included but not fitted)

Brakes:
    285mm Big brake kit on the front using std calipers with extension brackets and bigger discs (285mm drilled discs) fairly new, no lip on the discs and uprated pads have over 1/2 left
    Rears are std, again in good condition with no lip and good pad life
    Braided brake pipes
    New rear compensator (before car was parked up, only done maybe 500 miles)
    New master cylinder (replaced with the rear compensator)
    New fluid

Suspension:
    Gaz gold adjustable coilovers set to as low as possible without causing problems on the front
    Decarbon suspension legs on the rear (gaz golds came with the car, I just haven't fitted them yet)
    All new bushes, joints and track rod ends (before car was parked up)
    Top mounts were rebuilt with new bushes and bearings (before being parked up)

Interior:
    Full black leather interior with red piping and stitching (this was only just completed before the car was parked up, the rear seats have never been sat in and the passenger seat only used a couple of times. The driver’s seat also wasn’t used much as I rarely used the car. The whole interior still looks new)
    Renault 21 Turbo front seats fitted
    Door cards trimmed in red an black leather
    Black carpet
    Black floor mats with red banding,
    Red leather gearstick gaitor
    Red leather handbrake gaitor
    Dashboard refinished in black
    Centre console modified to accept the extra switches for the electric rear windows and electric roof, using original switches
    Clifford alarm with extra aerial, dual prox, glass break, anti-hijacking, anti-tow

Exterior:
    Full skeete bodykit, (Arches, side skirts, rear quarter panels, rear bumper, spoiler) (front bumper comes with the car in the same colour but isn't fitted)
    Std front bumper fitted
    Tinted windows
    15" MOMO alloy wheels with good condition tyres

Other information:

The car is currently taxed (6 months as of Sept 14)

Successfully passed its MOT (Sept 14) without any problems. My main concern was that rust may have got to the car but the tester confirmed it just needed some cosmetic work and it wouldn’t stop it from passing. (sills have been jacked up on opening them up slighty and the jacking points need attention.
    The roof on the car is immaculate and looks like a new roof, all the seals work as they should and there is no leaks.
    The rear window is in very good condition with no damage and its very clear to see through
    All good testament to it having been dry stored all its life.
    There are rear seatbelts fitted but you cant see them in the pics as I tuck them under the rear seats as I think it looks cleaner, also there are another pair of headrests that match the front ones with the car but they need to be trimmed with red piping to match the fronts, I just forgot to drop them to the trimmer when he did the rest.

The private number plate is also included in the sale.

Any inspection of the car is welcome at any time, I just need a few hours notice to get the car out of storage and back home.

To test drive you MUST bring proof of insurance and your driving license & be generally interested & have the means to buy the car.

I will be taking the car to as many shows as I can this year, so look out for it if interested!

It will be on display at the performance French car expo on the 12th Oct at Donnington park on the top 25 cars stand.
    I will also be going to the French car night at Ace café

I am in no rush to sell, so will therefore only be interested in sensible & genuine offers. I am looking at offers of over £10k & wouldn’t be interested in a part ex deal. However if you have something unusual, rare or an E60/63 5 or 645/50 I could quite possibly be persuaded.

For more information or to arrange a viewing please call me on: 07872 046510 pm or email stuart.harrington@hotmail.co.uk

PICS!

Last edited by stu21t; 10-09-2014 at 23:53.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My EBS convertible R5 GTT

Nice car looks mint to

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Stu, the car is looking fantastic top work and very very rare

Some of us are doing pod on the 27/09/2014 might be worth bringing it up and getting some signage up on it for sale as we park up all together Would be nice to see it stay in the club though

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=37581

Post Thanks / Like

Swap you for my 5 and one of my kidneys..lol amazing car good luck with the sale

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Never seen anything like this in my life just keep it for another 10 years Good luck with sale tho mate

Post Thanks / Like

this is ace if i win the lotto ill buy it

Post Thanks / Like

Did this ever get sold?? I would be very surprised if it didn't...

Post Thanks / Like

No, didn't sell it.
    I did 1 advert on here ebay and facebook at the end of last year and it didn't sell so I put the car away for winter.
    I will bring it out and use it for shows later this year.

Post Thanks / Like

If the wife had not wanted our garage converted then I would have bought this straight off of you! Hopefully we are going to be buying a new house at the end of the year which means at least a double garage for me to use. Let me know if you are looking to sell then, if you still have it of course.

Post Thanks / Like

Like like like like like

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi is this not for sale no more, thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Rob I hope it is sold by the end of the year but I'm not letting it go cheap so it may well be for sale still lol.

Yes Webber, it's still for sale.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi Stu
    I have a e60 545I that I am thinking of selling, one of only 18 6 speed manual models in the uk. Get in touch if you are interested. Regards, Geoff.